Is your family ready to blossom? Are you ready for adventure? Let's do it together through my beautiful state of New Jersey...

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Let's Pretend!



Let's pretend a place exists for under ten dollars per child that is clean, organized, fabulously decorated, full of interesting toys and interactive rooms. It does! (I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Hehehe)

Let's Pretend has a series of rooms that my sons' devoured. Every space is created with a child's creativity. It is not a huge place, and we got super lucky - we were the ONLY family at the place. Monday 10am - sweet! Its not easy to find, my GPS was taking me to all funky places. But it is simply at its address in the strip mall. http://letspretendkids.com/index.html
2541 Route 516 (Old Bridge/Matawan Rd) Bilow Park Shopping Center, Old Bridge, NJ 08857
And there is ample FREE parking. And a few places to grab a quick bite.

The above pictures give you a glimpse of the place. It truly is beautiful. Even the rest room is covered in murals. The school room was fun, but my kids have yet to figure out what "school" is so, on to the hair room - OH MY GOD! If your hubbies are male sensitive to traditionally "female" careers they may freak out. But my sons' know what a salon is and they were ready. Cut, color and creative. They even have one of those roller containers filled with all sized rollers...oh they had fun. The rock star room was our favorite. I could live in that room. Every single piece of musical instrument you can imagine and a TV screen recording your performance. Its like MTV! The drums, the guitars, pianos - ROCKED!

The other rooms include an aloha market, which is a combo of pirate, beach, Hawaii, sand and groceries. A little too much for my imagination, but the sandbox had my boys at hello. There is also a rock climbing area, a post office and a bouncy thingy. Yes I said thingy.

As a mother of twins who cannot always be looking in one direction at all times, I give this place a super thumbs up for safety. All items are secure, sturdy, include safety products and are super hygienic. A worker was there and honestly I felt like I was home. No worries at all.

I would recommend the place for walkers on up, even a five or six year old could enjoy this place. There are some "pit traps" for older kids, like the few (under 10) toys/snacks/arcade machines that older kids may beg for. But I get it - they need to make a living too.

We last about an hour, hour and fifteen. You can eat lunch at the picnic benches on site, indoors. The also host birthday parties (I am thinking about having ours there.) - which I feel is why they probably created the place - BUT they are open for open play M-F 10am-3pm, for just $7 - and you CAN stay ALL day! That's a bargain!

I was just looking over their website, which is also clean and clear - they have a summer camp too. Hmmm....

Let's Pretend makes me wish I was two again....so much too see, do, and pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment